Friday, January 7, 2022

A 2019 Finish - Fun All Over

 


Even a quilt this bright has trouble under a winter gray sky.  It's simple four-patches and half-square triangles in random order.  I don't remember a pattern; it's more likely that such a setting was inspired by another blogger, whom I cannot remember after so long.  Tell me if you know! 

The four-patch scraps echo the colorful dots in the black yardage.  Also this was great free motion practice.


The backing below is a thrifted vintage sheet. The background is white, not blue, but my camera is defiant.



I'll be connecting with and visiting the posters at the following linkups this week:



Thank you for reading my blog; you are appreciated!

Kimberly

8 comments:

  1. What a great and random setting for the 4 patches and hst's! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to sew brights more often. Thanks for visiting!
      Kimberly

      Delete
  2. That's such a bright and cheerful quilt! I know how frustrating it can be, trying to get good quilt pictures this time of year. Calling your camera defiant is a good description, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm just shifting blame really. At least I could read through the instructions. Soon.
      Thanks and Happy New Year!
      Kimberly

      Delete
  3. That is a super fun and happy quilt!! I like all the randomness in it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not my usual, but it worked I think.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Kimberly

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty - I love the black print, just makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete