Monday, January 3, 2022

Monthly Goal and Weekly To Do List

January's One Monthly Goal is this predominantly green quilt from a recent magazine pattern which I will elaborate on in a finishing post, which I'm committing to completely finish by the end of this month.  Don't point out to me that it is already almost done, lol.  I'm just easing into 2022 and trying to get a feel for it.

My 1/4/22 To-Do Tuesday list includes finishing the above green quilt as #1, because ideally it will happen in this week, and I can begin FMQ or straight line on another UFO in the stack. 

#2 is keeping up with the QALs I've started.  I'll soon list them on a PhD in 2022 post (I hope) by January 15.


#3 continue tidying up my sewing area... it's blessedly large but that makes it easy to destroy from end to end before feeling boxed in.  It's reaching the point of mental mess interference and holy moly I don't need that.  I have some business-y things to do this month which I'm finding lightly stressful with the potential for increase, but all turning out well in the end.



Enough with that brutal honesty.  And that's also enough for a list.  I want to feel accomplished next week and able to report back 3 for 3, an unusually high amount of focus for sure.

I'm enjoying others' posts linking to these parties:

Monday Making

To-Do Tuesday

Mid-Week Makers

THANKS for reading this blog, and Happy New Year to each and every one of you!

Kimberly

8 comments:

  1. I like your approach to the first week of 2022. Good luck with your plans this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck this week as well, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the quilt you are finishing up, neat block design. I hope your goals go well. I usually take time to clean up and take stock of what I have going as we enter the new year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Phd Challenge kind of forces my hand, which I need, 'cause the UFO pile is only getting deeper, lol.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. It's fun that you're so close to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly going easy on myself by having closer goals. I don't want a first week sewing fail. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. What a pretty quilt you've got under your needle! I know what you mean about cleaning up the mess. I just did a little bit two days ago, but it helped. It's hard for me to fight the lack of mojo this time of year.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using link parties like yours to help energize me. Thanks!

      Delete