Monday, January 6, 2020

January's OMGs - One Monthly Goal(s)

With the goal of FOCUS right out of the gate, I'm committing to two very January-ish things, that they'll be completed by the end of the month, so as not to become UFO's at all.  They could maintain the lofty status of actual Works in Progress -- never shuffled off to any recessed shelf like time-out punishment.  I'm personifying my quilts now.

This smiling guy was started in early December to follow the one Christmas entrance-way quilt in my home.  He's a derivative of Kim Schaefer's Calendar Quilts from C&T Publishers.  

But he's a real departure into stash fabric.
I couldn't resist this one-yard remnant of colorful Christmas trees, maybe a couple years ago.  I happen to also have matching solids, so snowflakes they are!

I'll be trying raw edge applique here for the first time.  Wish me luck. 
Right now he's enduring a case of needle-in-the-eye, but I'm sure he can take another couple weeks of it, because he hasn't complained yet, and in fact is still smiling.  (Personifying again.)  I'm committing to having him quilted and bound by the end of the link-up over at Elm Street Quilts.


These scrappy blue four- and two- patches are ready to become part of the Traffic Jam quilt along happening at Pat Sloan's blog right now.  It's a shorty:  only 3 weeks!  So, of course, I want this one quilted and bound by the end of this month.

Also linking this post up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog, and Quilting is More Fun Than Housework .

Rambling and personifications are ending now.  Thank you for reading my blog!

Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. Love your very cute snowman. The background really makes it and your snowflakes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That Traffic Jam quilt looks like SEW much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete