Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easy Pillow Cases for My Daughters

These cute arrow and fox fabrics were picked up as flannel remnants at Joann's a couple months back.  They're just the style for my dd18 and dd14 to lounge about on. (That's ending a sentence with TWO prepositions.)

I followed the easy tutorial found here at Film in the Fridge. The post is from 2010, and it's an Oldy but a Goody, imo.



There's the crisp upgrade-from-plain there in the little gray solid trim, i.e. faux piping, which I see on name-brand sheet sets, so I'm feelin' snazzy.

And for laundry durability she gives fully encased French Seam instructions to chase those flannel frays away.  

As if all that isn't enough, the instructions are easy enough for me to grasp and execute.  Who could ask for more?


I think my little pinny chick enjoys watching all the pins get stuck into the foxes.  

I hope everyone had/is having/will have a very blessed Easter or Passover time, with much family and fabric abounding.

This post is partying with:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

 


Thank you for reading,

Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your DDs will love them! Visiting from MCM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to giggle when I read your 'I'm feeling snazzy' comment...sounds like something I would say. :) Your pillowcases are so nice, those prints are fantastic! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I'm on my way over to check it out, as I need new pillowcases. Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete