Thursday, April 5, 2018

Week 1 of Blocked Rainbow Quilt Along

They were making me dizzy when spread randomly across the table, so I've lined 'em up to behave.
But RED !!


Somehow I made 20 instead of the 18 needed pinwheels for the first week of the Blocked Rainbow Quilt Along currently being hosted by Little Bunny Quilts

If you want to see a gallery of progress, try these hashtags:  #BlockedRainbowQAL ,  #hbd patterns , 
and @honeybunnyanddoll on Instagram and the Facebook group Honey, Bunny, and Doll Quilts .

Notice in my photo you can actually see only two actual places where the points meet.  LOL.  Of course they are the two best blocks.  Full disclosure here.

More full disclosure:  These are totally NOT the fabrics I posted about in my fabric pull post.  I went with solids to add to the modern vibe.  

Even more disclosure:  I'm not happy with the solid white because it leans to winter white and I feel like it looks din-jee/dingy/dingey with the bright red.  But I really don't want to re-sew these.  And that's the only solid white I have enough of.  And I don't want to do any scrappy or other-color background.

Do YOU think it looks dingy?  Be honest, before I sew up next week's blocks!  

Linking up for opinions with:
Sew Fresh Quilts
WIPs with Friends
Mid-Week Makers
Needle & Thread Thursday

Thank you for reading my blog!

Kimberly




4 comments:

  1. Yea! I meet someone who's points don't always match up! Hello my Sister!

    Your blocks are beautiful and the white looks just fin in the picture! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I think in the end this white will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thos pinwheels. White is often looking "strong", but in the end, when all is finished and quilted, you'll see that it looks beautiful. I also made pinwheels today, but for another mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinwheels look great! And no, I don't think the white looks dingy. It will look fine when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete