Tuesday, January 11, 2022

To-Do Tuesday Report

 

The elephant in the room is pictured above.  I'm stuck at using FMQ to fill circles into this sorta-celtic-cross-shaped-secondary pattern (in loose red outline.)  I think small circles are called for to counter balance the small squares across the rest of the quilt. The 'easy' straight lines seduced me into a circular corner, very loosely speaking.

Some very old birdies fabric flew out from my stash; those birds have circles the right size for practice. So I made a half-yard sandwich.  This means I actually have to sit at the machine.  And practice.  FMQ.  Deep breath.  Harmless bird sandwich pictured next.

That was the largest commitment from my To-Do Tuesday for last week.  While this 'predominantly green" quilt isn't finished, there were decisions made and actions toward the goal.

But check out the two cluttered areas I committed to clearing out so they could be returned to use ironing and hopefully improving my photography (boxes left contain lighting gear).  (You can see 'before' photos of these disaster areas in a previous post if interested.) With no further delay -- Ta da!

I DID keep up with the quilt-alongs I've started. And here are a couple of pics.


To-Do Tuesday commitments for this coming week:  

1- At least SOME free motion circles the 'mostly green' quilt, and give it a name.

2- Again keep up with the 3 quilt-alongs.

3- Post about getting my PhD in 2022 (desperately needed, lol).


Linking up with:

To-Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal by Linda


THANK YOU for reading my blog!

Kimberly


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So far I've joined three - Moda Branching Out, Pat Sloan's Secret Lives of Color, and Jessica Dayon's Scrappy Sampler. That's enough! Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. I’ve committed to two sew alongs although I’m questioning my ability to keep up. I’m impressed you can keep up with three! Good luck with your practice circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's only week two, so it's been easy to keep up for that long, lol. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your blocks are pretty - love that color combination! I so admire your journey into FMQ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep breaths for FMQ are quite familiar to me. Wine helps too. ;) I like your design board blocks. Good job on your "de-clutter" - it always make me feel motivated.
    Thank you for joining with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete