Saturday, March 24, 2018

Yard Square Quilts for Guild Auction

The Delectable Mountains Quilt Guild of Berkley, West Virginia, auctions quilts each May for a different community charity.

I'm honored to do my little part this year by contributing two wall hangings.  The first is called "Starlight" which is a Connecting Threads kit designed by Ann Johnson.  If it should grab you by the heart -- or eye? -- you'll need to grab it back soon, because the kits are on clearance for under $20.00 🙂 .





The following bright fabric idea I shamelessly lifted from some photographs recently floating around the interwebs. I failed to note exactly where, but do remember that one photo was from an art quilter's blog, and the other was a Facebook comment ... somewhere.

BUT I did save a photo to my pc.  I wish I knew where to link it instead so that you could visit the designer's website.   Here's an/the original:


And my interpretation in 36 square inches and the worst daylight possible:




If you know where to properly credit my teal version, please leave a comment.  The blocks finish at five inches, if I recall correctly.  I really should write things down!

I'm planning to crash the linky parties of:

Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Cheeky Cognoscenti  
Crazy Mom Quilts  
Busy Hands Quilts

Sew Can She
Love Laugh Quilt

Kathy's Quilts


Thank you VERY much for reading my sporadic blog  😊 .

Kimberly

7 comments:

  1. I think the sun shining on your quilt is ideal!!Great perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the glass-half-full perspective, lol. [p.s. you appear to be a no-reply commenter :-( ]

      Delete
  2. Lovely job, Kimberly! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both so pretty - and WOW - such a gorgeous wall hanging for less than 20?? What a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting design with the triangles! Great deal on that beautiful kit quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your wall hangings turned out wonderful! Who does not love Connecting Threads clearance section? It is almost always pretty good. The teal wall hanging really pops with the pattern you choose. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete