Friday, January 31, 2020

Catching Up after a Rough Week

Which I won't tell you about until the final paragraph.

First below is the January block of the Monthly Color Challenge
freely offered at Patterns By Jen .  

Next up, and shockingly to me, here's the
COMPLETED-on-time Traffic Jam, quilted along
with Pat Sloan.  I'm glad I took her suggestion to use a fast,
'easy' gentle wave pattern for the stitch.  My FMQ skills are
still... wanting, lol.  But these tops have got to be done.


Maybe I'm not catching up so much as barely crossing
home plate on these items.  I should have chosen Traffic Jam
for my One Monthly Goal because the snowman wall hanging
may never be done.  Evidently I admire applique more than
I like actually doing it.

Sew many tempting Blocks of the Month and Week and short
and long-term quilt and stitch alongs getting underway right
now!  Plus several squirrels have crossed in front of me which
I ran right after!

Finally is my relatively rough week, relatively because my 
first-world life is actually pretty cushy.  Sew, my car broke down 
Monday and was not back until late Thursday; meanwhile, two 
of three college commuters, which I'm supposed to drive, got 
the flu.  With that, my back 'went out' and I had Jury Duty.  Um, 
can I go back to boring normal now?

Thank you for taking time to read my blog (and let me vent).

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. With the week you've had the quilt named Traffic Jam seems appropriate! Let's hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete