Monday, January 8, 2018

Design Wall & Honest Craft Room

So this scrappy Prairie Quilt Militia mystery design needs basting and quilting; it's from around 2015. Does END of January 2018 count as delivered for winter?  I mean technically ...   But ds16 knows mom moves s l  o   w   l    y     .



Honest craft room?  Just that!  Of course I did try to snap pics on a better than average day.  It's not supposed to be an intervention (yet).  Terrible lighting needs to be addressed though. Maybe in 2018?  But I have a large frame to remove from the studio first.  Also going to need a new large mat very soon.

Linking up today with Judy Hansen's Design Wall Monday party at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  Also with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.   

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Happy New Year of 2018 to everyone!   Let there be peace on earth!

Kimberly 

p.s. My phone is a potato cam.  Santa didn't get my letter this year!

5 comments:

  1. I cannot see you photos. Curious to see you craft room. Mine is a mess right now with leftovers from holiday projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see your photos either. I copied the image address and looked at it. It doesn't have a .jpg at the end. Looks like something got left off. I'd like to see your scrappy quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every quilter deals with lighting issues, and being a northern hemisphere quilter I am complaining right now, too. IKEA makes great standing lights to be had for a fraction of others, and I switch up to a powerful LED for the best and coolest light. LEDs come in both soft and warm light, but if you need color proofing go with the 5000K for daylight. We are slowly exchanging most of our ceiling lighting out to LEDs, and it feels like those are the cozier rooms now. Wouldn't it be great if new lights MADE you WANT to sew? The best of all worlds. Keep testing what you can do to make your space better, and happy sewing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt on your wall is going to be a STUNNER! What do you mean by "honest" craft room? I never even considered that my sewing room might be hiding something or lying to me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is gorgeous! I love the color combination. Your sewing room looks neat as a pin! I need to make a wide ironing mat like yours. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete