Thursday, January 12, 2017

Stash Bee 2017: January Blocks

This is my first year doing any quilting swaps at all!  One that I'm most excited about having joined is Stash Bee 2017.

A second first (don't get to say that often) is doing a wonky style of block.  I've always been a color-in-the-lines type girl, but 2017 is my year to expand my quilty skills.  Right out of the gate in January charges a design where I'm the one who decides where to make the cut and what size the block will be.  

via Giphy
 


The January Queen Bee provided a link to an excellent tutorial by Amy at Diary of a Quilter.  And, voila, here they are, blocks for her Magical Forest quilt.



Linking up with:
Kelly at Needle and Thread Thursday


Thank you for reading my blog!

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. These look great, Kimberly! I can't wait to add them to the magical forest!

    ReplyDelete