Monday, January 2, 2017

QP Block of the Week: "Unnamed"

And we're off!  The QALs, challenges, and sewing room cleanup checklists have begun.  

Here's my first offering in The Quilter's Planner weekly block challenge hosted by Gnome Angel.  The challenge part of the QAL is happening on Instagram, but lots of bloggers are getting in on the action too.

Aren't I a good little copier?  ;-)   Solids and modern blocks are out of my comfort zone, so I'll be sticking pretty close to the fabrics and colors of the patterns.

2017 is the year of learning new skills and all the bias edges in this block were challenging. But I made them obey my will.  Mostly.  Don't look too close.

It's not too late to get in on this action.  Grab a Quilter's Planner for yourself and join the party.  (No affiliation whatsoever.)

Linking up this post with:
Love Laugh Quilt
Em's Scrap Bag
Cooking Up Quilts



Until next time, thank you for reading my blog.

Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are taking yourself out of your comfort zone. The block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! Way to stretch and get out of your comfort zone

    ReplyDelete